Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

Lloyd The Seeker of Knowledge (Ancient Spellbook) (Easy but long)

Lloyd The Seeker of Knowledge (Ancient Spellbook) (Easy but long) Empty Lloyd The Seeker of Knowledge (Ancient Spellbook) (Easy but long)

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:40 am

You enter the Sorcerers Delight to purchase magical supplies for your upcoming journey. As you enter you see someone loitering near the bookcases. He does not seem to be making selections for purchase so you decide to keep an eye on him, incase he decides to pocket a few of the rare magical books the mages keep around.

You notice that the gentleman that you are watching is watching you in return. Finally after making your purchases you approach the man and before you can introduce yourself he jumps right into conversation saying "Greetings fair adventurer. Would you happen to have a few moments to listen to my story?"

You have just made your final purchases for your great adventure and are looking forward to a few weeks in the wilderness with no one else around to bother you, but your mother raised you to not be rude so instead of turning and walking away you find yourself saying "Yes I would indeed like to hear your story."

"My name is Lloyd. I come from lands far from here and do not know much of your ways or customs. You seem to be a strong people with your young starting out on their own very early in life. Though I do not look like it I am well into my 80th year, and still considered to be but a child. In my lands each person must complete a Life-quest as a show of having reached maturity and independance. We do not get to choose our own Life-quest, instead it is assigned to us by the Elders of our villages. I have been given a Life-quest that none has undertaken before. As far back as I can remember I have heard stories about the Ancients at my grandfathers knee, village gatherings, and at Elder ceremonies. The Ancients were a very knowledgable people. They traveled from land to land seeking knowledge and magical items. It has been said that they collected magical spells from all the lands of the world, but over the centuries those spells have been lost to us. My Life-quest is the recovery of those spells and salvaging the knowledge of the Ancients for future generations. All of the stories I have heard have led me to your lands."

"I am looking for someone to help me with my Life-quest. My people do not learn the ways of combat we seek only knowledge. The items I need to complete my Life-quest will require skills that I do not have. If you will assist me I will share all of the knowledge that we find. So what do you say? Are you willing to help a stranger in a strange land?"

After listening to his story you realise that this could be much more interesting than wandering aimlessly through woodlands and dungeons looking for dragons and harpies. As you do the mental math checking your list of supplies against what you will need you find yourself saying to Lloyd "It would be my pleasure to assist you on your Life-quest Lloyd."

*While I will not tell you exactly where this quest begins I will say that it starts in a Felucca town, look for the Sorcerers Delight to find the begining of the quest. Make sure that you read each gump carefully as that will be the only way you will find out what the next step will be.*

**Remember that you can do this quest as many times as you wish but that you are NOT allowed to sell or give away any of the books (empty, full or partially filled), spell scrolls, or items needed to complete this quest. Anyone caught doing so will have their spell books taken from them and will not be allowed to have any more and may face additional punishments as well. You are also only allowed one of these spellbooks per character on your account.**

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:09 pm