Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

Darius The Song Master (Easy)

Darius The Song Master (Easy) Empty Darius The Song Master (Easy)

Post  Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:39 pm

Darius greets you as you walk into the school. “Greetings fair traveler how may I be of assistance?"

"Well I happened to see your post on the bulletin board at the docks and was rather intrigued by your story. Can you give me some more details?" You say as you pull up a chair.

Darius looks saddened as he begins his story.

"As a child I grew up in Trinsic. Mother was the Bard Guild master there and people came from all around to learn from her. I loved nothing more than to play with her instruments as a child. She taught me from a very early age the value of music as well as song and how important it is to keep your instruments in good repair. By the time I was 5 years old I was working along side Mother in the evenings repairing instruments that the people would bring to her. As we would sit there restringing lutes, or repairing drums she would teach me to sing.

As I reached my teenaged years my voice grew more and more versatile, hitting the high notes with ease and the low notes in such a way as to sound like they came from a much larger person. People began asking for me to give them voice lessons or to sing at festivities and events.

When I reached adulthood Mother began feeling the aches and pains of age, she was no longer able to teach people to sing or play instruments. I eventually took over her Bard Hall and made quite a fair living at it, but it never felt as though that was what I was supposed to be doing. After a few years Mother passed and I stayed around Trinsic in the hopes that it would begin to feel right. I gained students and made a very good living, but that feeling of satisfaction never settled into my heart. I couldn’t' help but feel as though I was meant for bigger and better things than simply being a Bard Guild master.

I had a very active life and was often called upon to sing at weddings. I began traveling taking part in competitions the world over. Then when I was on a layover in Magencia I heard that my dearest friend Martin was to be wed that very day. It had been several years since I had last seen Martin and was thrilled at the thought of being able to surprise him on his wedding day. I went straight away to the chapel and offered my services to be the entertainment, as a wedding gift, for Martin and his lovely bride.

When the festivities were over I was approached by the Head of the Bardic Guild. He told me that I should move on beyond my life as a Bard Guild master. That very night he made the necessary arrangements to set me up here in the Occlo Bardic Guild. Even setting aside a portion of the building to be the "Song Masters School". The next morning I traveled back to Trinsic to gather my belongings and say my farewells to those I had grown up with.

I boarded the Bliss Jean-Marie, a grand ship owned by Captain Duffy. We were almost three quarters of the way here when the ships crew started acting funny. They began stuffing cotton swabbing in their ears, wrapping their bandanas around their heads, and heading below decks. I had never heard of men acting this way so I went to Captain Duffy and asked him if there was a problem. He said that we had entered the Siren's Territory and that I should put something in my ears and head below decks myself as protection. He said that the Sirens were a mean and cruel lot, stating that they would capture your heart with their song and send your soul to the briny deep.

Being a man of music I knew the power that song could have on the mind. I of course thought that with my vast knowledge I would be able to overcome the power of their song and perhaps learn a little something from these Sirens. I ran below deck and grabbed my Hand Carved Flute, my one and only prized possession aside from my voice. Neglecting to grab some cotton swabbing along the way I raced back up topside. I began playing my Flute in the hopes of attracting a Siren and possibly hearing her sing a lovely yet sad song.

Before long I had an audience of five Sirens. They began singing the most moving, heartbreaking song I had ever heard. What I was unaware of was that, not only did the Sirens capture your heart with their sad and lonely song but, they also caused great waves and winds to kick up. Too late I realized the danger I had placed myself in. The waves began crashing over the railing and the winds kicked up terribly. Captain Duffy saw me above decks and yelled for the First-mate to take me below decks. When the First-mate grabbed me by the scruff of my shirt I lost my grip on my flute and it went over the railing. Ignoring my pleading to allow me to retrieve it before it was lost for good he dragged me below decks and locked my in my quarters.

A few days later we finally made it here to Occlo. I have been so devastated by the loss of my Hand Carved Flute that I have not been able to concentrate. I have not been able to teach a single song. If I do not get that Flute back I am afraid that I will lose my newfound position."

Darius finally focuses his attention back to you and shrugs his shoulders saying, "I suppose this is the punishment I deserve for allowing myself to think that I was meant for something more than being a "Simple Bard"."

You look Darius in the eyes and say "I am willing to retrieve your Flute from the Sirens but you must do something for me in return."

Darius's eyes brighten at the mere thought of once again having his beloved Flute. "Anything you want I will give if you will get my Flute back for me!"

"You must teach me to sing. You must also understand that I do not have months and years to learn. I will only be in Occlo for a very short time and must learn all the songs that you know in that period." You say as you start to rise from your chair.

Darius nods his head "Oh yes anything, anything at all, it will be yours. Please just get my Flute back before it is too late."

(Seek out Darius at the Bardic Guild on Occlo Island in Felucca)
    (Remember each character can do this quest one time only and you may not sell of give away the scrolls or spellbooks empty or full)

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:02 pm