Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

Druid Tome of Nature quest (easy)

Druid Tome of Nature quest (easy) Empty Druid Tome of Nature quest (easy)

Post  Guest Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:31 pm

Let me introduce myself, my name is Lareth. I like to travel all the lands of Sosaria, learning what I can of each town and its peoples, animals and plants. So far I have been very fortunate to have never run into trouble with magic users, Druids, Necromancers and others of that ilk, until recently that is.

Pull up a seat, pour yourself a mug of ale and I will share my story with you. I was traveling the seas, setting ashore on each land mass I found and studying the flora, fauna and townspeople that I can across. I eventually found my way to the Verity Isle. There is only one town on this island, the town of Moonglow. While the majority of the island is not populated with people, it is very heavily populated with wildlife and plants. Upon hearing about the Moonglow Zoo I knew this would be the best place to go to learn about many creatures all in one location.

I docked my little dingy and made straight for the Inn. As soon as I entered I could tell there was something wrong. Everyone was speaking in hushed tones about Druids, Necromancers, and ill happenings. I rented a room to use during my visit to the island and then went out to replenish my dwindling supplies.

As I headed out of the Inn to make my purchases my first stop was the Mage’s Bread, intent on restocking my dry goods I did my best to keep to myself but, as hard as I tried otherwise I could not help but overhear the ladies of the town speaking of the dead being unable to rest in peace and the fear in their voices, when they spoke of Necromancers and the Druids inability to put down this threat, was nothing short of heartbreaking.

My next stop was the alchemy shop, Herbal Splendor. I knew that while wandering the island I would come across snakes, poisonous plants, and there is always the chance of meeting up with an unfavorable character, so I needed to replenish my bandages, potions, and reagents. While in the alchemy shop there were several people having a heated debate about the Druids and how they were not “pulling their weight” in dealing with the Necromancers. I made my purchases acting as though I had not heard what was being said around me.

My Final stop was the Mighty Axe, remembering the fear in the voices of the ladies in the bakery I began to think that maybe I needed to arm myself just as a precaution. Upon entering the Mighty Axe the Blacksmith said to his apprentice “The only way to put down this uprising of those Necromancers is with cold hard steel you watch and see! Magery and Druids be damned!”. Once again I acted as though I had heard nothing and continued to admire the fine collection of blades the smith had to offer.

Finally I made my way back to the Inn. After depositing my recent purchases in my room I went back out to the great-room and ordered my evening meal. Once the Innkeeper delivered my meal and ale I offered to share my pitcher of ale with him. Pulling up a chair the Innkeeper had a seat and poured his self a mug and I slowly began to talk him up. I was curious about all that I had heard that day, but I knew that to jump into that conversation feet first would lead to nothing more than a grunt and a harsh glare.

I began by asking questions about the Zoo and what kind of animals they had housed there. Then I asked about the Telescope, having never seen one that large before I was full of questions. The more the Innkeeper drank the more freely he talked and soon he was speaking of all the goings on without any prompting from me.

Now I’m not going to tell you everything he said to me, you can go buy your own pitcher of ale and share it with the Innkeeper if you want all the details of the ins and outs of life on Verity Isle and in Moonglow. I will tell you this though. There seems to be an infestation of Necromancers in the Moonglow Cemetery and the Druids are looking for all the assistance they can get. You will want to talk to Terin Birelon and he can tell you everything that is going on. You can find Terin north of the Lycaeum. You might want to hurry, by the time I left Moonglow the town was near to hysterical over all the recent goings on, and I can’t guarantee the Lycaeum will still be standing much longer.

(Take the purple/black moon gate named “Library and Display area” in the Gate house, this will take you to The Lycaeum, then you can just go north to the buildings on the other side of the Lycaeum and find Terin Birelon)

(this quest has SEVERAL steps to it in order to completely fill the Tome of Nature and all steps will have to be completed as this is the ONLY way to get the spells for the spellbook)

(Remember you can do this quest as many times as you wish but DO NOT give away, or sell the scrolls, books or items that you collect for this quest. Anyone caught doing so will have all their spellbooks taken from them and be banned from doing the spellbook quests again as well as possibly face additional punishment)

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:51 am