Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

Feeding your pets

Feeding your pets Empty Feeding your pets

Post  Guest Thu May 05, 2011 2:17 pm

With new players come lots of questions about pets and on occasion issues. So here is a little something for some of our newer players and a refresher for everyone else.

Pets have loyalty ratings; the loyalty rating tells you how happy your pet is. Your pet’s happiness is based on three things: hunger, your animal taming skill, and your animal lore skill. To find your pets loyalty rating use animal lore on the pet (if it is a mercenary ask for its stats by saying “(merc name) stats”). A pet that is left hungry for to long of a period will begin to ignore your commands, can possibly attack/kill you or others, and will eventually go wild.

It is very important while out hunting to lore your pets regularly to check its loyalty. If the pet is anything other than Wonderfully Happy feed it immediately. If your pet is hungry and you drop 100 ribs on its head and you see the message "your pet looks happier" this does not mean that it is Wonderfully Happy it just means that it is slightly happier than it was before you fed it so make sure that you check its lore after each feeding. I find it works best to drop his/her food on their head in piles of 5 at a time then lore the pet after each drop. Continue to do this until the pet has reached a loyalty rating of Wonderfully Happy. (I usually give a few extra drops just to be safe. I don’t know if it actually helps but I would rather be safe than sorry). DO NOT shrink a pet that is NOT Wonderfully Happy (see bottom paragraph as to why)
    While different pets eat different food stuffs it is not hard to get food for pets.
    1. For pets that eat fruits and vegetables you can purchase these from cooks, waiters, waitress, bartenders, innkeepers and provisioners.

2. For pets that eat meat (cooked or raw) you can visit your local butcher. For some reason I have found that none of the pets we have will eat Ham so if you are going to purchase meat for your pets don’t bother wasting your gold on Ham for pet food.

3. In addition to purchasing from NPCs we have the chef’s storage key which stores most fruits and vegetables, these can be collected as you hunt and stored on the key very easily by using the fill from pack button on the key.

4. You can get raw ribs from any mob simply by carving the corpse before using your [take command.

5. You can also use your Create Food spell, when casting this spell you will get a gump as to whether you want to create Meat or Fruit, this is a very easy way to acquire food for your pets but be warned that not all pets that eat meat will eat cooked meat and this spell gives you cooked meat not raw.

While I know this can be almost impossible to do while you are champing or in a heavily populated dungeon or hunting location, please believe me when I say taking the time to do this is much better than having the pet go wild on you.

VERY IMPORTANT: If you shrink a pet that is in any state other than "Wonderfully Happy", then in all probability the pet will not unshrink for you the next time you attempt to use it. If your pet does not unshrink for you then you will have to page staff. Staff will have to take ownership of the pet by unshrinking it in order to feed it. We will then reshrink the pet and give it back to you to unshrink. At this point the pet once again belongs to you but it is no longer bonded to you. You will have to rebond the pet either by having staff rebond it for you or you can do it the old fashioned way and stable it for a week (though this only works if you actually have enough taming and lore to control the pet), or you can use a pet bonding deed.

Also remember when training Evo Pets they get hungry very very quickly so check their stats every 5 - 10 minutes to make sure that they are happy. Unhappy pets will not gain exp points as quickly as a wonderfully happy pet will, in addition the pet can and will go wild quickly and possibly attack you or others.

Morggy

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 5:19 am