Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

New Custom pets

New Custom pets Empty New Custom pets

Post  Guest Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:36 pm

Please dont take this the wrong way.. I love the shard and the mobiles.. I would like to see if we could get some custom pets. Im not really a team player ya know. I like to kill things on my own. But when a my pet and i both die in one hit.. I feel we need some stronger pets.. Besides We come custom shard pets.. lol Like a custom "Knights Steed" or a custom evo pet.

I just feel we need some kind of strong custom pet to help us loners.. lol

I will work on a few custom creatures over the next few days and run them past ya..

New Custom pets Empty Re: New Custom pets

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:13 am

Tame or buy a Beowulf from one of the vendors.

New Custom pets Empty Understandable

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:50 pm

Malleus wrote:Tame or buy a Beowulf from one of the vendors.

Thats understandable. But why are you wanting to limit the shard and the player to that ONE pet? That wouldnt be fair to the other players as well as the new players to come.

Post  Guest Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:42 pm

Personally as both a player and a staff member I think that Evo Pets are too uber and do not feel that we need them. What difference does it make if we have a single strong pet or ten of them? You can only have one out at a time so what is the point of having multiple pets scripts when one will suffice. It only adds to the over all item count which equates to LAG.

There are already enough shards out there where, if you have the right pet, you can one hit kill anything that can be created. There is no fun or challenge in that and if this shard ever reaches that stage I will find someplace else to play and/or staff. I think that depending on one another once in a while is a good thing and I like the idea that players here cannot solo every mob we have.

I also know Merlin well enough to know that if we ever did create an "Uber Pet" he would just beef up the mobs so that players could not one hit them or solo them under any circumstances and you would HAVE to have multiple players to kill them. At that point it is forced group hunting which a lot of players do not like, myself included.

So six of one or a half-dozen of the other, it all amounts to the same thing. We cannot make EVERYONE happy ALL the time in EVERY aspect.

Just my two cents.
    Morggy

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:12 am

You can go into the script and edit anything you need too. Make it as strong or as weak as you feel.. but anyways, each to their own I guess.. just a suggestion.

I agree item count does cause lag. but It is more dependent on your computers memory and processor speed.. I have ran my own shard before.

Anyways, ways it was only a suggestion..
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:35 am

Ok we do have some custom pets. Guess you just have not found them or your tame is not high enough for them. We have no plans on making any pets an uber pet. We played a shard with uber everything and it got boring after a while as there was no challenge. Here is a list of the custom pets we have.

BlackWyrm
    ControlSlots = 4;
    MinTameSkill = 112.5

DestardGuardian
    ControlSlots = 3;
    MinTameSkill = 110.0

DreadNemesis
    ControlSlots = 3;
    MinTameSkill = 108.2

Beowulf
    ControlSlots = 5;
    MinTameSkill = 115.0

Post  Guest Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Thats cool... But just to clarify, I wasnt asking for an uber pet.. guess I will go looking more then...

New Custom pets Empty Custom pets

Post  Guest Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:11 am

Evolution pets sound pretty nice. There are some pretty strong monsters out there!
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:50 am

Yes there are lol. Get you a good pet and other players to help. If we start adding uber pets them the mobs will have to be uber also and that is what we dont want.

New Custom pets Empty hmm

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:17 pm

seems pretty balance to me. I've killed a few of the scary monsters with my beowolf and if i can do it anyone can. I have got to be one of the most anti taming players in UO history lol

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:10 am

WANTS Merlin ,Morg, or Gwen to be tamable pets Razz
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:11 pm

LOL

New Custom pets Empty New Custom pets

Post  Guest Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:33 pm

guess you must have just figured that Clarissant couldnt be tamed huh? HA

Post  Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:58 am

Clarissant wrote:guess you must have just figured that Clarissant couldnt be tamed huh? HA

I'M MISSING A CLARISSANT..

I will NOT rest until I have a Clarissant bounce

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:18 pm