Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

Little suggestions & minor fixes.

Little suggestions & minor fixes.  Empty Little suggestions & minor fixes.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:59 am

Fixes

Big Fish shows the name of the fisher who fished it up, and also the weight of the fish if its over certain weight. However when you convert it into a big fish trophy it looses those properties and should keep them. It adds to making some nice fishing events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some weird confusing information about server, which forum to use and which site. As various voting sites link you to a completely different site to represent server.
    This site, http://hstrial-adeleloveday.homestead.com/ links you to this forum...... http://kotrt.lefora.com/
    This site, http://knightesroundtable.webs.com links you to this forum https://kotrt.rpg-board.net

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suggestions.

A runebook with runes for player vendor shops at homes, so people have a choice to advertise their home or not. Placed somewhere where people will use it / see it easily. Either make it staff managed or player managed (I personally think staff have enough baby sitting to do! )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Status page on main website show if server up or down, and when server was last restarted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Player command to remove immortality after death and revived. So after getting body back can cancel the immortality so you can get back to fighting straight away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe a wiki for this shard since it contains many customs as experienced UO players like myself, find it confusing to say the least when its not particularly "normal" lol. Being asked to read forums I find particularly unhelpful as there is nothing about each of the things I have so far discovered. I think its easier to have a wiki, since then the players who are experienced on the server can add to the wiki as they learn more details of the custom things and much easier to search and find what you want to know as stratics doesn't help with custom shards sadly. As things I do ask people usually dont know answer to or not explored as yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Staff to please agree on 5 min warning before shut down/restart. It popped up saying "server will shutdown shortly" but as fast as that appeared on screen..... DISCONNECTED. I didn't even have chance to get on my beetle as I was mining. Was no greeting from staff to even say they are online and no warning that they are going to reboot. If its automatic then please make it pop up at 5 mins to shutdown so people know who are engrossed in their play activity and 1 min warning after that & so its clear to those who have just logged in.

Admin
    Admin

Little suggestions & minor fixes.  Empty Re: Little suggestions & minor fixes.

Post  Admin Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Ok a rather large list for me to go thru.

1. Only one vote site was not updated. Sorry I missed it and it is now fixed.

2. We have an area for players to post about things they find. If they choose not to use this area and post not much we can do about that. It is there for their use.

3. I am sorry that the restart does not work correctly. I have tried on several occasions to fix this. So until I can get it working corectly please note that the server restarts every morning at 7am EST.

I will work on the rest of these suggestions and such as I have time and will post when done. Thank you for your input.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:25 pm

Ok we now have a wiki. You all will have to join it in order to use it. So go and have fun with it and post away. http://knightsoftheroundtableuo.wikispaces.com/

Little suggestions & minor fixes.  Empty little suggestions & minor fixes,

Post  Guest Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:35 pm

1.I've never seen it keep its stats so i am not sure where you got that

2. Gwen has addressed this

3. there's a vendor mall to use

4. why would that be necessary?

5. I like it the way it is, gives me plenty of time to re dress and get myself prepared to fight again

6. wikis aren't all that....forums work fine if ppl use them

7. Gwen and Merlin have always been good about telling when server goes down if its not the reg. morning reboot that Gwen has already addressed.

i think shard is working great and I'm so proud to be able to not only play here but to staff for the greatest shard owners on the greatest of all shards

thank you Gwen and Merlin

Post  Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Well I know I am a little late in responding to this thread but I am going to anyway.

1. Since most trophies are able to be purchased in the Deco Mall and you can pay staff 50K to rename an item I don't see that this is an issue.

2. This one has already been fixed so I won't address it.

3. Why would any one place a vendor at their house when there is a Player Vendor Mall specifically for that purpose? You are right Staff has enough to do without babysitting players and their houses and I think that vendors at players houses are a bad idea because they lead to accusasions of theft, pking, etc. If you really want to place a vendor someplace other than the vendor mall purchase a house plot in Luna and place one there. This way there is no need of a "Player house/vendor runebook" for anyone to maintain and things can continue to go along smoothly.

4. The shard is always up (with the exception of the occassional hardware issue) so a status on the website is unnecessary imho. If it is that necesssary that you know how many people are logged onto the shard log in and find out or check the vote sites while you are voting every day. I do not see the importance of knowing how many people/players are logged onto the shard at any given moment.

5. It is great that you can get dressed so quickly and are ready to start attacking the monsters again in just a matter of seconds and do not need the entire 60 seconds of invulnerability that you are given. Not all of us are that fast and we enjoy having the time it takes to find the rez stone and get redressed.

6. When the shard first opened it was said that there would not be a Wiki, well now there is one and NO ONE has even put anything in it even after several people asked for it. Personally I think it is nothing more than a way for players to cheat by giving out information that should not be given out. Part of being a custom shard is having things that NO OTHER SHARD HAS so go out and explore and find those things. I do not think that anyone (staff or player) should be allowed to post on the forums or on a wiki or any other website information about the custom quests. The locations, mobs and drops should be a part of the exploration process. If you want to find something go explore and look for it instead of whining and crying that it can't be found or its not exactly where UOStratics said it would be. This is NOT an OSI shard it is WAY better so things are not going to be identical to what they are there.

7. The shard goes down every day seven days aweek at 7 a.m. eastern standard time. There is a thread here on the forums that specifically states that the shard goes down every morning for daily reboot. This is done to help cut down on lag and gives Gwen an opportunity to add in new scripts without interupting game play time for the entire shard. Do some investigation before you start whining about things, you never know what kind of answers you may come up with.

As a player I think that we should do everything we can to try to find answers ourselves before we go to staff with a complaint. This is a custom shard and things will NEVER be exactly the way that the P2P shards are thank god!! We have a working shard economy (something very few private shards have), we have items and quests that other shards do not (the staff members here work hard to keep things fun and interesting for us the players). If you find a quest that is broken by all means page staff, if you find a glitch or bug that could be exploited inform staff immediatly there might even be a reward in it for you. On the other hand if there is something that is not exactly where UOStratics said it would be then go exploring and find it don't page staff wanting to know where it is or to give it to you because more than likely your post will be removed or ignored. Paging staff with immature, childish or gimme complaints should not be an option. People should use their common sense when paging staff.

Nalia

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:57 am