Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

+7
Rayray
King Arthur
Malleus
Gwenavier
Ysane/Luna
Shadow Walker
Kellsha
11 posters

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!!

Poll

Please Vote

[ 10 ]
    May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Bar_left71%May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Bar_right [71%] 
    [ 2 ]
    May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Bar_left14%May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Bar_right [14%] 
    [ 2 ]
    May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Bar_left14%May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Bar_right [14%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Poll closed

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!!

Post  Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Okay guys and gals we have something we would like to discuss with you all.  This is something we have been kicking around for a little bit and now that we have staff members with the knowledge, time, and love of the shard it seems it may very well come about.  Please do not jump to any conclusions and read this entire thread before you make a decision.  IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL PLEASE PAGE STAFF WE WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS AND/OR TAKE SUGGESTIONS.

We love our shard, we have all worked very hard to make it what it is, we all have our blood, sweat and tears in this shard, and when I say we I mean both staff and players, this shard belongs to you guys as much as it does us.  The biggest issue has been that neither Gwenavier, Merlin, Morganna, Illaria or any of the other staff that we have had have truly been developers.  This shard has been a learn as you go thing and we have made several mistakes.  Some of these mistakes have cost us players, some of them have cost us reverts and losses.  Somehow we were always able to recover but it was always by happenstance, or the skin of our teeth, or purely by accident.  We now have some staff members with A LOT of development background who are willing to help us fix all of our mess-ups, mistakes, screwed up scripts etc etc etc.  This has the potential to be a very huge deal for us.  

Now you guys are all asking yourselves what the heck is she talking about so I am going to get down to it.  We want to know how you guys would feel about a shard wipe.  Yes we would be starting over and as much as we all know everyone hates doing that we would all be in the same boat and we would be making this journey together.  We do not want to lose our players and we will make sure that you guys are taken care of, if you have made donations we have it recorded and it will be taken care of.  We have always tried to take care of our players and we will continue to do so that will never change.

This will not happen over night, it will take time and we will not take the shard down until the new one is ready to go so please don't think that you will be without your Knights of The Round Table because it is not going anywhere we will still be right here the whole time.

Now IF we do this there are some changes that will come about.  We are considering offering a variety of races aside from the standard Human and Elf.  We will have ALL the special ores and woods.  We will be hopefully implementing some new crafting systems.  We will be using the Stygan Abyss system so housing will be much more interesting.  We will have a WORKING PLAYER DRIVEN ECONOMY which is one of the biggest bonuses of the entire thing.  Crafting skills will have value again, even your resource gathering skills like lumberjacking and mining will have value again.  WE WILL HAVE SOME NEW COMPLETELY CUSTOM MAPS!!!!! This will be awesome because it will mean totally new lands to explore and new things to find and new towns etc, we will also still have our traditional maps as well so don't be discouraged!!!

We will be adding a few limits.  There will be a three character limit, there will be a skill cap (right now we are looking at a 1200 point cap per character), there will be a much lower housing limit (right now we are looking at 2 - 3 houses instead of the 6 - 7 that players get right now), gold will be harder to make BUT it will actually have value and hunting will be done with a purpose again.  

There is a lot that is not listed here, we are still working out the finer points and trying to weed out all the things that we have added in over the years that we can get rid of.  We know you guys are going to have questions and we will attempt to answer them to the best of our abilities.  

Now remember none of this is carved in stone yet, we want your opinions on this, it would not do for us to completely rebuild the shard and wipe everything and start over if you guys are not going to be here when its finished to enjoy this fantastic new world.  So please take a little time, think it over, ask questions and please please please vote in the poll at the top of this before it expires (this poll will be up until March 27th so please make sure and vote before then).

We appreciate all of you and we hope that you want this as much as we do.  If you have suggestions please feel free to make them, we cannot promise that everything will be implemented but we would love to have input from you guys, this is your home as much as it is ours.

Love Ya,
    Morggy
    Kellsha

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty Re: May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!!

Post  Kellsha Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:57 pm

I have discussed this with Dragon and Maka and they are both voting Yes. They don't have the ability to vote so I thought I would let you know what they thought. I understand that we are not as invested in this shard as much as the vet players you have had for years. However, thought you would like to know that we all will follow.
    Shadow Walker

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty If a shard wipe means losing everything that we have .....

Post  Shadow Walker Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:53 am

....then I will have to vote "no."  While improving the systems that are currently in place and adding new scripts that would provide new territories, crafting, and races are all notable, if a shard wipe means we lose everything we have, including irreplaceable pets, armor, and weapons, then I must vote "No."  Like all of you, I love this shard too.  It is a real community and we all get along well.  I love the shard as it currently exists and find new things that have been added and new things that were there that I am just now discovering.  To lose all that currently exists would be too much of a price to pay for the hope that the new KOTRT would be that much better.  I am sorry if my opinion and vote are disappointing.

Luv ya all.
    Shadow
    Ysane/Luna

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty Re: May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!!

Post  Ysane/Luna Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 am

I normally go along with everything that happens, and like always I will be here until here is no longer here. I have long wished for more value to the crafting skills and a crafter-based economy. Now here comes the But... I too have worked very hard for the skills I have, not so worried about the Gold at this time hahah.. But well not the skills, the bonuses to weapons, armor etc. I killed many a Gozer for what bonuses I have. I Loved the fact there wasnt a Skill Cap, though I understand that is the reason for no crafter economy. I know that staff takes VERY GOOD care of its players, but That darn SDI was HARD to get as high as I did. I have for some reason become limited to the amount of time I can give to UO, due mainly to having a 16yr old and a goal of 20 more lbs to lose ROFL.. I cant dedicate the time I need to rebuilding a character. If there is a Wipe it will DEFINATELY give Bored Uber Players something to DO!!! Smile.. I never mind starting over.. I just ask that thought is given to keeping Quest and Bonus Deeds in the game for those that cant devote as much time to play as they did at one time. Know that no matter the decision for or against.. I still love all the Players and Staff here.!

I dont know yet what my vote is, as I want new stuff.. but hate losing old stuff.. Will I still get my Island? hehe.. LOL...
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:08 am

Not to worry both will be staying
    Malleus

Post  Malleus Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 pm

I don't like the idea of a wipe, but I am not opposed to it.

I don't like the idea of new staff wanting to improve the shard. They want something. They can always start their own shard, why offer to work on this one? Out of the goodness of their hearts, I doubt it. I will say it again, They want something.

If you do go their way, keep a copy of the original shard and make sure they do not have admin accounts on it.

1200 skill cap is too low. Limiting skill cap forces a player to develop more than one character.

What will be stat cap?

Will wearing items take you over skill and stat cap as it is now?

I have not seen extra races helpful in recruiting on other shards.

Adding extra ores, lumber and leather ruins the economy it does not help it.

Make runic tools available to make crafting viable.

Adding rune crafting, spell crafting, imbuing, sockets, gem crafting, firerock etc. can unbalance crafting.

Currently one must use strong pets as bosses are too hard to solo. I don't want to hear BS regarding teaming up with guild mates to play the game.

It is true that currently there are too many uber items.

You need to come up with a method to encourage players to vote. Voting brings in new players.

Housing with yards is good, more than 2 connected houses is not needed.

IMO some spell systems as is, have zero value eg. Druid, Cleric, Ancient etc.  Mage, Necro, and Chiv have value.

I may add more thoughts later.
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Ok first they did not come on as staff and want to change the shard. They are our developers and were brought on to fix problems that we have with different things. The idea to do a wipe was mine and King Arthur's. We discussed this with staff first then took it to a vote to the players.

I will keep a copy of the shard just in case non of us like the new one.

As for kill cap we are still working on that and when we have all the details worked out we will let everyone know. As of now it is 1200. Stat cap will be same as it is now.

Yes wearing items will take you over, that will not be changed.

We will have SA implemented into the shard and some said they would like to see races. you dont have to use them as Human and Elf will still be a choice.

Ores leather and woods is something we have been wanting added to the shard for a very long time. Even the players have wanted this and I am glad we will be seeing it put in. You need the better materials for the better gear and items. All of the Gwen and Camelot will then be craftable.

All the crafting we have now, rune crafting firerock crafting, gemcrafting we will keep. We might add spell crafting. But I think that would be all.

There will be no ubber monsters to fight so no need for ubber pets. If we take any of the custom pets they will be toned down a lot and I do mean a lot lol.

As for runic tools they are available in the crafter dungeon.

I hope I covered it all if not just page staff. They will be happy to answer any questions.
    Shadow Walker

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty Additional thoughts, questions, comments, and suggestions...

Post  Shadow Walker Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:55 pm

After logging (the second time) last night, I found myself pondering this proposed shard wipe and a new incarnation of KOTRT and I have some thoughts I would like to share.

First, I suggest you owners and staff extend the comment period to (at least) the end of the month and email a summary of Morggy's post to each and every player who currently has an active account here - players like Anubis, Jenna (who is coming back at some point), Maloriana, and others - and ask them to read the full post and vote asap. Part of me would like to see the vote be a role-call vote. And that brings up a question. Are all player characters eligible to vote, including the player characters of owners and staff? Since the owners and staff have decided to pursue the shard-wipe and creation of a new shard, their player characters would naturally vote "yes" in the poll.

Secondly, I would like to suggest the option of ADDING A SECOND SHARD as a new entity and running it in parallel with the current KOTRT. Call it Knights of the Round Table - Stygian Abyss (KOTRT-SA). If funds were needed for a second computer to host the new KOTRT-SA shard, I would donate and I am sure the players who have voted "yes" would be willing to, as well. This would, in my view, be a fair and equitable option to wiping the current KOTRT shard.

Luna and Malleus had valid points in their posts and I know you owners and staff will consider their points of view seriously. I am compelled to restate that, for me, the cost of losing all the assets that I've acquired over the months I have been here is too high a price to pay. Frankly, I am surprised and disappointed that more of us don't feel that way. It is disillusioning to see that (at this point) seven (7) of our KOTRT family have voted to destroy this shard and throw their fates to the new one.

I am hoping that my suggestion of creating a second (KOTRT-SA) shard to coexist in parallel with our current shard will be given serious consideration. Thank you for reading this.

In The Bonds,

Shadow Walker
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:42 pm

I sent an email to all that I had an email for this morning. Now not all players joined the forum using their player name so some might not get one. As for who can vote anyone that is active may vote and yes that means staff players as well.

Now as for running a second shard. As this is a very good thought there would be some issues. Lack of staff. I can not ask staff to staff 2 shards. This is voluntary not a job where they must be at and do what they are told. I can only ask thing of them but they have the right to say no. Also it would mean I would have to have that 3rd system as the shard is on its own server now.

I know that not everyone will be for this idea and for that I am sorry. There is no way to make everyone happy I guess but I refuse to let anyone stress me out over this.

Shadow Walker

Post  Shadow Walker Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Thank you for your reply to my post - I do appreciate it. Given the catastrophic impact your proposed shard wipe and implementation of a new shard will have on us players, I would think that the issues of staffing and computers would be secondary concerns and would be superseded by what is most fair and equitable for the player-base. I hope you can find a way to support our current shard while adding your new one. Kinda sounds like minds have been made up and the shard wipe is inevitable. That is regrettable .....

Shadow Walker
    Malleus

Post  Malleus Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:49 pm

From the voting, it looks like changes are coming.
    It is your shard, you must choose what you feel is best.
    I see no point in playing until the new shard is in place.
    I will check back on the forums every few days to see if and when the new shard is in place, and if there is a new login address.
    There are ALWAYS problems with a new shard, lots of bugs.
    I will look forward to assisting in finding any bugs.
    Reworking skills from zero is not what I want to do.
    Are you are planning on having skill and stat balls or I have seen skill gates on some shards. I personally prefer Skill point balls rather than just adding 10-12 skills to 100.
    If you are firm on 1200 skill, give returning players soul stones  so we can easily swap skills with our alternate characters.
    1200 skill cap will be a big turn off for me. Adding a means (maybe with a scroll) to increase skill level would be a reason for me to stay as a max of 10 skills per character is unworkable for me.
    Second Shard would be too much trouble as staff wants to play the game too, not just staff full time.
    I don't mind giving up all my uber gear and pets, but a big turn off for me has always been ONE HIT KILLS by bosses, with no chance to heal and come back into the fight, no point in playing on a shard where there is a no win scenario. Currently we have a no lose scenario with the uber gear and pets, BALANCE is needed.
    I personally prefer not to use pets, I use them here because it is impossible to take down a number of the bosses without them.
    If and when you add new bosses to the new shard, consider allowing them to be discorded or not immune to poison or other weaknesses as they must have some form of weakness that one can exploit when fighting them. If using a pet make sure it can be killed by the boss, forcing a player to actively fight and heal their pet at the same time.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:53 pm

When a team of people come together and create a UO shard they have a vision of what that shard will one day become.  The majority of UO shards do not last and go down within the first six months/1 year of being active, we have had the good fortune to remain open for three and a half wonderful years.  When Gwen, Arthur and myself first began working on Knights of The Round Table we had a picture in our heads of what we wanted to see.  Throughout the past three and a half years it has in some ways become much more than we could have ever dreamed it would, and in other ways it has fallen well short of our original visions and ideas.  

I want everyone to understand that the team of developers we now have DID NOT come to us asking to be made staff, they did not come to us asking permission to be allowed to make changes.  These developers came to us as players and when I discovered who they were we went to them and asked that they make changes, repairs etc for us.  I have personally known one of these developers since the very first shard I ever played on way back in 1998/1999 and he has assisted in creating several very well known long running shards that are still successful to this day (Sanctuary, Valhalla Lost, Paradyce and others).  They can do code work and write scripts to work in any platform ranging from Sphere55i, RunUO and POL and they are VERY GOOD at what they do.  We as a shard are very blessed and lucky to have them onboard.

Let me tell you when we first began discussing a shard wipe I was very apprehensive.  I have been on many shards, as a player, and gone through shard wipes and not liked the outcome.  I now have an opportunity to be on the other side of the table during the process.  Because of my experiences as a player going through wipes on multiple shards I think I can bring something to the table that most other shard owners/staff members cannot.  I can bring a players point of view to the talks, my player toons title is not "Shard Chicken" without a reason believe me.  I can honestly say that we will make this as painless as possible for the players.  

GROWTH DOES NOT COME WITHOUT PAIN AND LOSS.  We understand that not everyone wants to start over yet again.  We have said that we will stand by you guys, we will not leave you in the dark, we will not leave you to fend for yourselves.  We know how hard it is to start over and begin with nothing.  We are not going to allow you guys to start over with nothing.  We are going to take as much as we can over in the change and our players that make the shift with us will receive packages and gifts to assist them in their new world and new lives.  If you will give us the chance and the time to do this and do it right you will see that this is the best thing to happen to Knights of The Round Table since its inception.  We have always had faith in you, we have always stood by you we now ask that you do the same in return for us.  This is not going to happen over night, and the changes will not come as a surprise.  We will be eventually needing testers so you guys will get a taste of the new world before it is ever made public, anything you test you get to keep that is how it has always been and that is how it will always be.

Love Ya,
    Morggy
    Shadow Walker

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty So .... It is as I thought ...

Post  Shadow Walker Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:03 pm

You have made up your minds to destroy the current shard and proceed with the new one. The vote, I sense, was just a formality and included owner/staff player character votes to ensure the desired outcome. I sense that one of your new developers is a guy with whom I've become friends and I am glad for him.

To say that I am disappointed with this entire enterprise is understated. I will post no more on this matter. Obviously, the issue is settled.

Shadow Walker
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Thank you for the post Mal. There will be no ubber monsters for you to fight. With that being said we will have some that may be a lil stronger then lets say one of the ml bosses. These will be for the quests and such. A pet can help and yes I think they should be able to die if not they should come close to it so that the player has to fight with their pet. I have watched many a player let their pet do all the work and them reap the reward. That was not what we intended to happen but it is what happened. I wont let that happen again.

Skill cap is not set in stone. And yes we will have the stat and skill balls. No gates to go thru.
    You say 10 skills is unworkable for you. How many skills do you need on one character? Remember you can have 3 so with that you would interchange them to do what is needed to be done.
    As for when the new shard is up and running there is no set date. It is not something that can happen overnight. One of the developers is in the process of moving so it is going to be a while before we are there.
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Shadow I do not think you know the developer. It is not who you think it is this I am sure of. As for the vote so you know Staff has not all voted on this as of yet. To our surprise a few vets have and I must say a few of the newer players have.

Post  Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:41 pm

Shadow to my knowledge only one of our staff members has voted and even then it was with their players forum account only but not with their staff forum accounts.  I personally have not voted with my player or staff account and will not do so.  Regardless of if we go through with this or not I am a shard owner I go with the shard good or ill no matter what.  

We are not attempting to destroy the shard, what we are hoping to do is make it better than it is and ultimately make it into what we originally envisioned it to be when we first created it.  As players you guys don't see the problems and issues that we have on a daily and sometimes hourly basis with the systems we have in place right now.  The systems we currently use were never meant to work together, most of them are stand-alone systems that we have forced to work together and in the long run it has been detrimental to the overall health of the shard.

Right now our xmlspawners do not work properly and they have not since the day we started using them.  The problem that this has caused from day one is that to use the other type of spawner the monster or item must be scripted along with the drop and the drop rate must be scripted into the monster.  Gwen, Arthur, myself, and Illaria ARE NOT developers, we are NOT scripters, we are NOT code writers.  So far we have gotten by on pure luck but as we have seen over the past year that luck is not going to continue to hold out.  Each time we have a crash, each time we have any period of time the shard is down we end up with a revert.  At first those reverts were one or two day losses, then they became one or two week losses, they have now worked up to one or two month losses and this is completely unacceptable under any circumstances period.

Each time we place a house and make a yard or basement for a player we run the risk of a shard crash which ultimately results in yet another revert and I don't know about you guys but from a staff/owner standpoint it is tiresome having to place the same houses, yards, basements, spawners etc etc over and over again.  Do not get me wrong I am not complaining about doing things for players, it is the instability of the shard that is getting to me.  I would much rather have a stable, working environment than one that is at risk of crashing and burning with each start up, to say nothing of the loss, stress, and anxiety we as staff goes through each time there is a revert.

With each revert we must rush around to replace things that players lost, replace the spawners that had poofed, reset houses basements and yards for players who ultimately get upset with all the losses and leave us.  I am looking forward to a stable world where once something is set it is set for good and we as staff don't have to redo things, and players don't have to keep a tally of what they have "just in case we have a revert" etc.

Putting the vote for or against a wipe before the players was not a farce, it was not just a formality, and it was not done just for show.  As I stated at the top of this post, ONLY ONE staff member has voted with their player toon so the remaining 6 votes have come from players that DO NOT have staff accounts.  Therefor even if you discounted the single staffs player toon vote that still leaves a solid 6 players that say yes do it which is double the number that are either undecided or an out-right no combined.
    King Arthur
    King Arthur

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty Shard Swipe

Post  King Arthur Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:34 pm

Ok i am hoping this goes thru. I am listening to you all. I have a few questions for you now. How many Shards do you know where staff and players converse on a daily bases? How many Owners do you know that will replace anything you lose? Even from a Revert? If you where an Owner of a Shard and a player came along who happens to be an extrodinary person in script writing offers you to make your dreams come thru of the original concept you had for the Shard. Would you say no? Yes many questions shot thru my head. !st one, that Malleus also posted, can you trust these Developers? What is to say they wont take over? Why dont they go build their own Shard? All very, very important Questions to ponder. This wasnt thought of over night my friends. I have talked with the Developers for many hours on those Questions. If you want their answers post here and ask them. From our discussions and going over it with Gwen, then staff, we excepted their offer. We did not ask for this, they OFFERED!! Also in this process i found out Morganna had known the one for years and Illaria has know as well. I DO NOT FEEL EITHER WOULD ALLOW SOME ONE TO DESTROY OR TAKE OVER THE SHARD. We spent days discussing all this, it didnt happen over night. For the record, IT WAS I, ME, KING AUTHOR AND NOT THEN that suggested a restart due to the problems they found that we where not aware off. Morgana mentioned just a few. I felt a new shard was BEST option and offered our dreams of coming true. I was hoping and still an that your dreams as well will follow. That is why we offered a poll for your OPINIONS, COMMENTS, AND SUGGESTIONS. What other shard would do this?

Shadow Walker. My friend. This was all thought of extremely well. I want to add to Morgana`s statement on WE WILL NOT LEAVE YOU. ONCE YOU GET THERE WE WILL BOOST ALL SKILLS TO 120. IF YOU MAKE A CRAFTER CHARACTER THEY WILL GET ALL RECIPES. we will discuss stat cap increase. We will also boost your stats to hiow you would like them. Malleus there will be no training, are you kidding me, i even HATE starting over and their are a few skills that are deadly to train, take up a lot of time to raise. Spell Books have a SKILL they base off of. You will get ALL necessary Spell Books for your TRADE. We will be a more balanced economy. Monsters will also be toned down as Morgana stated. No more one hit KILLERS. There are always going to be Monsters/Mobs you will need help with. Pets offer this help if no one else is on to help you. Making a Tamer very valuable. I understand you like to solo a lot. You still will be able to do so if you choose your skills wisely. Again the Skill Cap isnt etched in stone. Hence this poll FOLKS. Come on now we value your suggestions and this is where to place them. I am personally HURT you feel we will leave this out. I also feel you all see the negatives and NOT the positive. How many times do we have to say your suggestions matter? I have heard mostly complaining and very few solutions. We cant think of everything we WANT your HELP/SUGGESTIONS. Am im sorry if you feel they will NOT be heard. All i can say is have FAITH in us as we do YOU.
    Rayray
    Rayray

Post  Rayray Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Ok here I go lolz!! Most the reason I play anything is for the people on it anymore. I have a lack of social life yea that's right :(but when I found this place the people were so nice and easy going helpful and I consider most of you my friends. Some I still don't know that well :(but I am sure you are good people. One thing about mmo's that has always bugged me is not having the ability to do everything. Most mmo's try for the holy grail the balanced economy, well I have played many many from main stream to shards like these and let me say it never happens. the government cant even do it. and if anyone can bless them and let me hire you because we are going to make a billion bucks!!!! this is just my opinion I been around games all my life. I talked to the king himself and understand that the shard is broken as is. it needs more help to fix then to start over. I can understand this and if I were in the same spot I would think its necessary. I understand its going to open up a whole new playing field and a lot of new never before considered options. and this is great. me personally I like to do it all and when I hear I cant I feel a little :(I am not a person that usually relays on others just due to my life. faith is a harsh word for me but again this is personal. I can understand the thinking and some of the reasons behind some these decisions. starting over.....well I just did that, and take it from a person that on another shard lost his master key <dumb arse as I was> and almost gave up. but with a little help and a determand attitude I survived. So I can live with that its not really a big deal same as if you buy a new game have to start somewhere!!! Just unsure of needing something that may not be there I will feel the need to reroll a guy just get it and that is a lot of time. I guess there will have to be a lot more working together needed at least first off. maybe if the shard takes off it wont be as much of an issue. which would be great. I don't think I will cast a vote cuz I know theres a lot more to come on this. and I know the shard really needs some fixes to make it easer on staff as well as players. its not really a question of that. its just one of the major changes will be tuff for me as of my play stile. anything else seems to be really good from what I am hearing. There a lot of new and really good ideas coming out if it to give a lot more things purpose and usefulness. I was told to post any ideas on anything even something that may seem simple. so you guys should as well I know from the past ideas are not tossed under the table here. and where else can you ask for a deco piece and have it delivered to your doorstep in the matter of a few hours or days !!!! the staff here has indeed been the coolest staff by far that I have ever played with!!!! Time will tell and I am sure nothing is set in stone yet so I shall give in and  see what new world shall come forth. Besides these people love us back and if you don't feel the love just let Gwen know!!!!! Muhahahahaha........... lol!
    Ysane/Luna

Post  Ysane/Luna Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:01 pm

Last comment. lol.. as I voted already. .. I like the idea of new things to try and do.. I dislike the idea of losing stuff.. I LOVE the Idea that we will all work together to help each other become the Great Characters we are now. I love the People here.. I have come to know many of you on Facebook outside of the game as well. If I have to start over.... what better place to start over than at HOME?

Smile

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty Last comment?

Post  Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:43 pm

I hope not. IF this is to go forward, everyone's input and ideas will need needed, wanted, and listened too. May not all come to fruition, but I know that Gwen and shard owners want to hear from everyone.

Anyways, I just wanted a chance to say:
    Hello

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. but do not be surprise or offended if my answer is "ask the boss lady".

Ygraine
    Destiny
    Destiny

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty Ok time for shard oddball to vote

Post  Destiny Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:34 am

I love our shard and everyone on it and if i thought for one minute this change would be a bad thing i wouldnt vote the way I am. Comes down to this we are a family and no matter what changes may bring we will always have each other to help with the rebirth of KOTRT... Way it is now the shard is stalled there is only so much that can be added and the crashes and shard issues are becoming more frequent . I know you all worry over what your gonna lose and rebuilding your characters .. But you need to remember as a faimly we will all work together to get everyone back up and on their feet and while may sound cold the rest is just objects that over time we can replace.. With all the new ideas I have heard it will be like the start of a new chapter in the life of KOTRT and sounds like an exciting one at that.. Besides no one said you all couldn't add your own suggestions on what you would like to see in our new home. So with that off my chest my vote is Aye ..
    King Arthur
    King Arthur

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty The New KOTRT

Post  King Arthur Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:49 pm

Hello my friends. Gwen and I along with Morganna and Illaria who are basically the ones who have stuck by us the longest have agreed to start over. I personally am sad to see some of you disagree, however as a player i do empathize with you. Believe that or not. We can not please everyone. With that said, it has been our dreams to make KOTRT the best shard ever for all that come here. However you want to see this I truly feel that our Developers came here because it was meant to be. Again take that how you will. They have offered us our Dreams of KOTRT to come true. For what ever their reasons for doing this for us is on THEM. I truly understand your concerns but i am going on my FAITH.
    Bottom line is Gwen is OWNER and her decision if FINAL. We can now only hope that you will follow us on this great journey. How many SHARDS do you know out there that OWNERS AND STAFF care about their players? From what i gather maybe 2-3. Those shards i am grateful for as well, players need a variety. I have no problems you going to any of these and play. Bounce around make your choice. All we want is for you to be HAPPY and if that is not here so be it. You will ALWAYS be welcome HERE at KOTRT. This process is going to take minimum of 6 months up to a year. Until then play here or go visit other shards and see how they are. Once we have the new KOTRT is up and running please come back and judge for yourselves. We have always, ALWAYS taken care of our players. Staff here to me is the best around and i would take a challenge from any shard to say we have the best STAFF of any shard. Not many shards let staff mingle with players and let staff pretty much do what they want for players. Our Staff knows the boundaries and how we think. We have and are still going through everything. We as Staff want to see on the new KOTRT. This forum will stay up for at least 6 months. Why? Because we still have FAITH in you all as players. We still want your SUGGESTIONS!!! Some we have already implemented. Blacklight, you suggested letting a player log on 2 players on one account to help protect your crafter while he mines. Our developers cant make this happen with only odd numbers, meaning 3 charaters on one accnt it wont work. So we are going to allow you 2 accounts with 2 charaters each. Giving you the ability to do this. Malleus, we know you like to solo fight. We will be lowering monsters greatly, no more one hit killers. We are also lowering pets powers as well. Pets will have the ability to grow through breeding. Malleus, with the new crafting system i feel confident as you grow stronger you will be able to solo most things. There always going to be a monster/mob everyone, not just you, will need help with. Shadow Walker, no one likes to start over, even ME. So what we propose and this will effect all players that follow us to the new KOTRT. One charater from each account will get 120 Power Scrolls for each skill chosen 11 is CAP. You will then have to train those skills to 120. You will get your STATS SET to the way you want CAP 325, 350 with stat scroll. The other 2 charaters you must train skills to 100 and hunt for 120 power scrolls in those skills you have chosen and train them as well. STATS will be set to your likely on these charaters as well. We are doing this for everyone to get a feel for the new KOTRT. AND yes even staff player charaters will have to TRAIN UG. If you chose to follow US. I highly recommend that you choose skills fit for YOU VERY CAREFULLY. If you would like HELP building a template, feel free to ask ME for HELP in this. I will also help you with MACROS if you would like. However i am still getting use to UOSteam which is UOAssist i believe. Also if you make a crafter charater as 1st they will get all recipes. RayRay....I understand your concern for AFK macroing and/or scripts. This is a GREY area where i feel you cant please all. Gwen even uses them on her player charater. The GREY areas are going to follow any shard. However we are asking for your SUGGESTIONS to help implement your dreams as well. So far all i have seen is what you dont like instead of what you would like to see or solutions to what you dont like. So if you dont offer suggestions/solutions, then yes the new KOTRT will be as we see it. So far here is some of the things that are VERY possible. The city Camelot built as in the movies with a JOUSTING Arena. All towns custom build with houses for players to place vendors. These homes will be premade and can not be changed. An under ground water dungeon, a town built on stilts. Mountains being used to their max potential, meaning more caves to mine underground passages built into a maze. Where u have the chance to run into a party of Druegar Dwarves even Drows. With this threat comes rewards. like if u mine down there you will get more gems per hit. Also some of these passages may lead to the under ground water dungeon. So you may want to map them out. Also with the under ground dungeon we will offer an underground TOWN with housing available!! We are bringing from our shard now Quests for keys, and all other Quests. We will still have all Gwenavier and Camelot Armor. This will be Craftable now and weakened. The loot bag we will enhance to where a ADD BUTTON will be implemented so u can set the loot bag to your liking. We have requested the gold bag be changed to a ledger because it auto sweeps to it and we would like to see it write checks in any amount. Chill armor will follow as well. Yards will be reduced to a 12X12. We will have pack animals to store in to keep item count down. As well as making any new storage chests/keys for new materials/ingredients. All storage chests/keys will auto take what you need to make the item you choose to make as well as arrows when you fight. We will keep you all informed on new ideas/suggestion to be implemented. SO PLEASE GIVE US YOUR IDEAS. WE CANNOT THINK OF EVERYTHING. HELP US ON OUR JOURNEY TO A NEW, BETTER, IMPROVED KOTRT. YOU ARE ALL OUR FAMILY AND ALWAYS WILL BE NO MATTER WHAT. YOU WILL AWAYS HAVE A HOME WITH US IF CHOOSE. FOR THOSE THAT DONT FOLLOW, YOU WILL BE TRULY MISSED AND WILL ALWAYS BE WELCOME TO RETURN. I CAN SPEAK FOR ALL STAFF ON THAT WE ALL LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AND NO MATTER WHAT WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE MET YOU.

Yours Truly,
    Staff Of KOTRT HUGS
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:55 pm

Yes let it be known that I too will be using scripts to afk train. When all is said and done I too will most likely run them at night while I sleep to gather resources. I am sorry that some do not agree with this nor like it. Anyone can use it and I have no problem with them using it.
    Malleus

Post  Malleus Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Most of the proposed improvements sound good.

BUT

6 months to a year is a long time to wait. I would hope you can find a base SA/HS load to use and enhance it from there, thus allowing players to begin play asap. There will be plenty of things that need debugging even from the base load, before the enhancements are added.
    Shadow Walker

May I Have Your ATTENTION Please!!! Empty Okay - I'm in...

Post  Shadow Walker Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:46 pm

I want to thank Lady Illaria for her insights and King Arthur for spending considerable time with me in-game awhile ago. We discussed a number of points about the move to the new shard and we understand each other well. The one over-riding dynamic for all of us, I think, is FAMILY. We have become one. And we can fuss with each other, b*tch, complain, sulk, etc., but when it comes to the blue chips on the table, we stick together AS A FAMILY! I think Des said it better than I am able to, so I will refer you to her comments above.

Anyway, I'm in and will do the best I can to help with the move to the new KOTRT!

Love you all!

Shadow da Brat (and PITA)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:10 am