Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

2 posters

An explanation behind last nights rant

An explanation behind last nights rant Empty An explanation behind last nights rant

Post  Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:41 pm

okay now that I am calmed down a little bit I can do some explaining.

Yes I went on a rant last night/this morning and I added to the rules of the shard.  I know some people will see these changes  as unfair or unjust but let me explain why these rules were put into affect.  

First of all when we first created the shard we wanted to create a world where players worked together and hunted together, and we attempted to create a shard that had a true player economy.  Unfortunately most of this has not come about simply because most players that play on free shards prefer to hunt alone.  This is one of the main reasons we have introduced stronger more advanced pets for players to use.  When we first started the shard we did not have animal/pet breeding so the custom pets that we had such as the Stallion of Camelot, Black Wyrms, White Wyrms etc were the best ones you could get, many of our returning players will remember back then and they can attest that these pets alone would not be able to take on some of the stronger monsters we have since added.  Then we added in Evo Pets, paragon pet deeds and Bio-Engineering and this greatly increased the power that players had in their pets.  Then we introduced pet breeding and even more custom pets like the Camelot Etherial which went even further in increasing a players hunting abilities.  We now have rat trainers that players can buy to train their pets on so they level up faster so they can be bred.

Nearly every shard has at last one pet that is stronger than necessary, or has the ability to resurrect you when you die, or has the ability to heal you when you take damage and we are no exception, in fact we have several pets that can do at least one if not all of the above.  When you use pets to hunt with there is always the possibility that the pet will become angry because they have not been fed or are to far away from their controller/owner/handler.  When this happens they can go wild very quickly and can and will attack other players or wander off deeper into the area that you are hunting.   When we introduced the custom pets that we have they were never intended to be used as killing machines allowing players to not even have to be at their computers.  THIS IS THE REASON THAT WE HAVE MADE THE RECENT CHANGES IN PETS HEALING ABILITIES AND THE REASON WE HAVE MADE THE NO AFK PET HUNTING RULES.  These changes that were recently made will not be reversed and the AFK pet hunting rules will not be changed period.  I am sorry if this upsets or angers our players but as the player base increases once again so does the likelihood of pets attacking other players and that is something that we are not willing to allow.

Secondly I have never played on a shard that DID NOT have a no spawn camping rule.  Up until now we did not have this type of rule simply because our player base was not large enough to find it necessary to enforce such a rule, but again as the player base increases so does the need to begin requiring such a rule.  We have well over 100 monsters that drop a very large variety of items ranging from custom gear and weapons to enhancement deeds that can be added to those weapons and gear to paragon pet deeds so we have begun to feel that it is necessary to enact a no spawn camping rule.  This is not being done maliciously or out of anger towards any one person or group of people, it is being done for the betterment of the entire shard.  It is unfair for one person to kill a specific monster and wait for it to repsawn and kill it again and sit there for hours on end at the same spawn location.  This prevents other players from being able to acquire whatever it is that the monster drops, the only way to prevent this from happening is to enact a no spawn camping rule.  

Thirdly what kind of enjoyment can anyone derive from AFK hunting with or without pets.  Without naming names, last night I logged on to find one of our players using a macro that he created with razor.  He was hopping from one Stone Elemental location to another, he had marked in a perfect location so that the Stone Elemental would instantly attack him when he recalled into the area.  He had his macro timed perfectly that he could go to a Stone Elementals kill it, use scavenger to take the stones from the bodies without claiming the body, and then recall to the next Stone Elemental and keep doing so without ever having to be at his computer.  This had been going on for several hours by the time I logged on and lucky for him he was not using a pet at the time.  I had one of our staff members go to his location and attempt to speak to him and engage him in conversation just to see if he was there or AFK, so the staffer went and said Hello he did not respond, they called him by name and still he did not respond, they waited nearly five minutes to make sure that he was AFK and not just distracted.  Once it was decided that this player was AFK hunting we kicked his connection, needless to say it took an hour or more for him to log back in.  Since there are less than a handful of Stone Elementals that drop the rough stone for rune crafting this gave him an unfair advantage.  THIS IS WHY AFK HUNTING IS NOT ALLOWED.

Lastly, I WILL NOT TOLERATE ANYONE arguing with staff members in public chat.  If you have an issue with a staff member then that needs to be discussed in private.  Send the staff member a private message asking to speak with them directly so that the issue can be settled without involving the entire shard.  If you feel that you cannot speak with the staff member that you feel you are having an issue with please feel free to speak to one of the other staff members.  All of our current staff members are owners/co-owners and we all have the same authority.  With that said let me also say that there are very few decisions made that staff as a whole does not discuss before making a final decision on.  Staff will work with players and each other to correct any issues that may arise between players and staff or players and players.  This does not mean pm one staff member saying I think so-and-so dislikes me can you do this little thing for me so I don't have to deal with him/her.  This simply means that if you have an issue please do anything and everything within your power to rectify the situation as quickly and quietly as possible so that it does not affect or involve the entire shard.  None of our staff wants to micro-manage the shard but by the same token we cannot allow what one person wants to interfere with or dominate what the rest of the shard enjoys.

I hope this helps everyone to understand why I have decided to make these things against the rules and I want to apologize for my rant of last night, I was angry when I realized how some players were taking advantage of how lenient the staff is with certain aspects of the game.

Love Ya,
    Morggy
    Shadow Walker

An explanation behind last nights rant Empty Re: An explanation behind last nights rant

Post  Shadow Walker Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Would it be possible for an intermediate position to be taken on spawn-camping?  For example, if another player were to show up at the mob a player was engaged with, would it be acceptable for the player engaged with the mob to relinquish the spot (after completed the kill) and moving on?  As you pointed out, Morggy, there are numerous sought-after mobs and I can recall only one time when another player came to the spot I occupied.  I offered to leave and let that player take the spawn and he declined.  Would that type of gentleperson's agreement be viable here as an alternative to strict application of no spawn-camping?  As I mentioned in statements I made last night, some of the Gozers are so remote that it takes significant time and effort to get to them.  If a player makes one kill and if the player is obedient to the no-spawn rule, he/she would be obligated to move on regardless if the mobile dropped the desired loot or not.

I am not challenging owners and staff I am simply suggesting an intermediate step that could be taken.  Thank you for allowing me to use this space to comment.

Shadow
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

An explanation behind last nights rant Empty Re: An explanation behind last nights rant

Post  Gwenavier Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Ok first let me say that yes we have had a no camping rule for a very long time. Gonna say Morggy forgot this one has we have never had the need to push it. I have no problem with you killing any mob over again as long as you can leave said spot if someone else shows up. I do however have a problem with players afk killing and letting their pets do all the work while they just stand there and watch. We want you to enjoy playing here and I do not like having to enforce rules but there are times I guess we have to do just that. Keep your pets fed and help them when they are killing any mob out there.

Gwen

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:39 am