Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

Rune Crafting

Rune Crafting Empty Rune Crafting

Post  Guest Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 pm

BEFORE WE GO ANYWHERE WITH THIS YOU MUST KNOW THAT THERE IS A RISK OF DESTROYING THE ITEM YOU ARE TRYING TO ENHANCE IN THIS PROCESS

Now with that said let me get to this. I have only dabbled in Rune Crafting therefore I do not have an in-depth knowledge, but I will impart what I do know and others who have more experience in the craft can correct my mistakes or add to this guide as they see fit.

Rune Crafting is not used to make Recall Runes; it is instead used to add attributes to weapons, armor, and certain clothing items. Yes certain artifacts are able to be enhanced but not all and no I do not know which ones are and which ones are not you will have to try and see. If an item is NOT able to be enhanced then it will not allow you to add a rune to it and there is no risk of destroying the item. Rune Crafting relies on Inscription skill, I believe the lowest skill level required is 45.0 to create a Blank Rune (I could be wrong in this).

You will need the following items:
    A Rune Crafting Tool - this can be bought from the vendor stone at Luna bank
    Rough Stone - this can be found on "stone elementals" usually found in desert areas
    Reagents- each rune requires a different type of reagent, and can be regular magery reagents or pagan reagents such as those used in necromancy spells.

When you double click the Rune Crafting Tool you will get a menu or gump just like all the other crafting menus. There are two categories.

Miscellanous - this is where you will find "blank runes". Blank Runes are used as the basis for ALL of the runes. You will need one rough stone to make one blank rune.

Runes - this is where you will find a list of all of the runes that you can craft, there are 48 of them all together.
    Each of these runes will require 1 rough stone and one kind of reagent to create.
    Each rune will add a different attribute to an item and not all attributes can be added to all items.

Isabelle has a vendor who sells books with descriptions/meanings of each of the runes. You can also try crafting the runes yourself to find what each of them does. When you hover over a rune you will get the rune name as well as the attribute it will add to an item.

After you create a rune you will then need to "add" that rune to an item. Again his will require Inscription skill. You will need the item that you wish to enhance in your backpack along with the rune that you are going to add to the item. Double click on the rune and target the item to be enhanced. Enhancements can be compounded (each rune you add will raise that specific attribute) but with each rune you increase the risk of the item being destroyed. Remember attributes are nice but greed will ultimately destroy an item.

As I said I do not have a vast knowledge of this craft and this is about as far as my knowledge goes lol. If anyone has anything to add to this please feel free to do so, and if I have made any mistakes PLEASE correct them so that this guide does not frustrate players attempting to use this craft.

Thanks,
    Morggy

Rune Crafting Empty Re: Rune Crafting

Post  Guest Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:17 pm

i know this got of subject but perhaps we can get it back on, i noticed that rune crafting just got uber expensive. is it possible to make it not cost a chisel usage to actually convert the stones to runes? because its kind of like double charging for the one rune. anyway im not complaining, just a thought seeing as its a gamble to break stuff anyway maybe to not cost so much just to convert them.

Post  Guest Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:35 am

When I rune craft items, I first start with 5 items of the same type. I only add 1 to 3 stats the first day. If I break an item I replace it and try again, until I have 5 items. The second day I DO NOT rune craft my best item until I have a better one. This time I usually only apply one improvement per item. Again I replace any I break. It takes a number of days to get an item this way, but I find I keep my best item this way.

This skill is meant to be difficult as the rewards are great. Do not expect to get a +50 S.D.I. item unless you are willing to go through a lot of expense for chisels, tons of reagents, countless rough stone, and lots of frustration. I fail a lot and my Inscription skill is 120. You can try for a tailsman to help your success rate.

There is no limit to the amount of S.D.I. your character can have on this shard. By continual working of rune crafting I have built my S.D.I. to +500. I do add items to my vendor from time to time and I always have several in the monthly auctions.

Good luck with your crafting.

Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

Post  Gwenavier Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:48 pm

Sorry cant fix that one lol. It costs you to use the chisel to make a rough stone into a rune then again to make that rune useable. It is really worth the cost as you can add nice stats to items.

Rune Crafting Empty Rune Crafting Disclaimer

Post  Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 am

While this has been said in other places on the forums, though not in these exact words, I am posting this here in an effort to make sure this is public knowledge. This will also be posted in the Staff Announcements section of the forums.

Effect immediately we will no longer replace attribute bonuses/enhancements that are lost due to shard reboots or downtime of the shard (please note that this does not apply to reverts). This is not being done as a slight to anyone or as punishment for anything that anyone has done. This has actually been the rule all along we have just gotten lax in enforcing it of late. It is simply that these types of things are out of our control.

Playing on a private shard is a privledge not a right. You are not paying to be able to play here therefore there is no inherent "right" to replacement of items that are lost regardless of the reason of that loss. We have always tried to do right by our players and will continue with that policy as long as it does not give anyone an advantage over anyone else.

If you choose to enhance items through rune crafting, or enhancement deeds you do so at a your own risk. You should be aware of this risk prior to attempting to enhance your items.

There will be an exception to this. If you have screenshots of the item that was lost showing the items attributes please send it to morganna419@yahoo.com. These screenshots will be taken into consideration in an attempt to come to a final decision on replacement. This is soley at staff discretion and sending a screenshot is not a guarantee that your item will be replaced. I will post a tutorial on taking screenshots in the players guild section of the forums.

We understand that not all players will agree with this new policy and we can only apologize. We only ask that for all that we do for the shard and players that you do right by us and stand by us in this. In an effort to try to streamline the way things are done and assist staff so that they can tend to things in need of immediate attention and work on bettering the shard we ask that you give this policy a chance and see that in the grand scheme of things this really doesn't change the way the shard operates.

Thanks ahead of time for your cooperation and understanding in this.

Love Ya,
    Morggy

Rune Crafting Empty Table for Rune Crafting

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Hey all, since I am OCD about having a clear understanding of stuff, I thought would make a table to help clear up the information from the rune crafting. This table has the runes, the enhancements, skill to make, and the required reagents. Hope it helps someone out, I know it is helping me to make sure I am making the correct runes Smile

Rune Ehancement Skill to Make Reagents Needed (quantity)
    Aglo Durability Bonus 70.5 Mandrake Root (5)
    Ahm Spell Channeling 75.0 Spider Silk (5)
    An Hit Dispel 60.5 Bat Wing (3)
    Arma Use Best Weapon Skill 65.5 Pig Iron (3)
    Bal Hit Leech Stamina 75.5 Mightshade (5)
    Beh Regenerate Stamina 70.5 Bloodmoss (5)
    Bet Hit Magic Arrow 52.5 Black Pearl (3)
    Cah Mage Armor / Weapon 60.0 Garlic (3)
    Char Hit Lower Defense 65.5 Grave Dust (3)
    Corp Increase Spell Damage 85.5 Grave Dust (7)
    Del Resist Cold 70.5 Black Pearl (5)
    Des Hit Lower Attack 75.5 Daemon Blood (5)
    Dium Resist Physical Bonus 70.5 Garlic (5)
    Ex Bonus Stamina 80.5 Mandrake Root (7)
    Flam Resist Fire 70.5 Sulfurous Ash (5)
    Flamus Hit Fire Area 70.5 Sulfurous Ash (5)
    Frio Hit Cold Area 70.5 Black Pearl (5)
    Furis Hit Energy Area 70.5 Pig Iron (5)
    Gra Hit Leech Hits 85.5 Nightshade (7)
    Grav Hit Physical Area 70.5 Spider Silk (5)
    Hur Resist Energy 70.5 Black Pearl (5)
    In Luck 50.5 Garlic (3)
    Jux Hit Harm 60.5 Bat Wing (3)
    Kal Hit Fireball 60.5 Sulfurous Ash (3)
    Lor Night Sight 50.5 Spider Silk (3)
    Lum Lower Stat Requirments 60.5 Ginseng (3)
    Malas Hit Poison Area 70.5 Nox Crystal (5)
    Mani Bonus Hits 85.5 Ginseng (7)
    Mu Regen Hits 80.5 Ginseng (7)
    Nox Resist Posion Bonus 70.5 Nox Crystal (7)
    Om Regen Mana 75.5 Grave Dust (5)
    Ort Bonus Mana 80.5 Daemon Blood (7)
    Pas Lower Mana Cost 75.5 Daemon Blood (5)
    Por Bonus Dexterity 85.5 Bat Wing (7)
    Quas Hit Leech Mana 80.5 Nightshade (3)
    Ra Defend Chance 70.5 Sulfurous Ash (5)
    Rel Self Repair 65.5 Spider Silk (3)
    Sanct Reflect Physical 70.5 Pig Iron (5)
    Sar Increase Weapon Damage 75.5 Bloodmoss (5)
    Summ Casting Recovery 70.5 Black Pearl (5)
    Tym Increase Weapon Speed 75.5 Bloodmoss (5)
    Um Decrease Casting speed 75.5 Mandrake Root (5)
    Uus Attack Chance 75.5 Bloodmoss (5)
    Vas Bonus Strength 80.5 Mandrake Root (7)
    Wis Bonus Intelligence 80.5 Ginseng (7)
    Xen Hit Lightning 60.5 Garlic (3)
    Ylem Lower Reg Count 85.5 Daemon Blood (7)
    Zu Enhance Potions 50.0 Black Pearl (3)

Last edited by Xadius on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:44 pm

Very nice Xadius thank you for taking the time to do all of that and making a chart making it much easier for everyone to work rune crafting that is awesome =)

P.S. To keep this thread clean and easy to follow I am going to remove the two seperate lists since Xadius' Chart gives all the same information as well as the reagents required to create the rune.
    Love Ya,
    Morggy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:53 am