Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

How about we expand the cooking menu

How about we expand the cooking menu Empty How about we expand the cooking menu

Post  Guest Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:25 am

I would like to see the cooking menu expanded to make it a more worthwhile craft. Since it is you guys that will be making these items I wanted to ask you guys what kind of craftable food items would you like to see added to the cooking menu? I am looking to add 10 items to the cooking menu for now but this may be increased depending on the number of suggestions and the interest you guys show in this cooking expansion.

1. It must be craftable with food resources that we currently have in the game that are either growable, found as loot or buyable from NPCs. I will give a list of resources so you will know what types of resources are available. This list will not include items that are already craftable or cooked items from NPCs, you can find NPCs for those items or look at the cooking menu if you are wanting to use one of those items as an ingredient in your recipe.

2. Please list only the name of the item and the cooking category the item should be listed in (barbecue or baking).

3. When you make your suggestion please keep in mind that I may be coming to you for the recipe as well as the required skill level to make the item so have this information ready when you make your suggestion as that will save time if your suggestion is one of the chosen ones.

4. Please try to use at least one item from the ingredients section of the menu as well as at least one item from the preparations section. The required items can be items that do not exist and as such will need to be added to the menu BUT do not list those items in your suggestion, all I want at this time is the name of the completed item.
    EX: Lets say that Player Jane Doe wanted to suggest Fajitas (added to the barbecue section) her recipe might be raw ribs, liquid smoke (added to the ingredients section), fajita seasoning (added to the preparations section), and limes with a required skill of 110. The only thing Player Jane Doe would post in this section would be "Fajitas (barbecue section)", and the rest she would wait until I came to her and asked her for the information.

5. If the same food item is suggested more than once and is selected for the cooking menu additions I will go to the first person that suggested that specific item for the recipe.

6. This is not limited to one item per player, please suggest as many items as you would like to see added. We may not be able to implement every suggestion we get but I would like to see what y'all want added to this menu. This is not a contest and both staff and players can make suggestions and the requirements are the same for everyone. I am asking for everyones input because y'all are the ones that will be making these recipes and I want this to be interesting and fun for y'all

7. Please submit all suggestions by midnight eastern time December 1, 2012.

Current Food Resources:

Fruits
    Apples (can be found as loot or purchased from several different NPCs)
    Bananas (can be purchased from and Innkeeper)
    Canteloupe (can be found as loot or purchased from several different NPCs)
    Peach (can be found as loot or purchased from several different NPCs)
    Pear (can be found as loot or purcahsed from several different NPCs)
    Grapes (can be found as loot or purchased from several different NPCs)
    Pumpkin (can be found as loot or purcahsed from several different NPCs or from certain farmlands throughout the shard)
    Lemon (can be purchased from several different NPCs)
    Limes (can be purchased from several different NPCs)
    Watermelon (can be found as loot or purchased from several different NPCs)

Vegetables
    Cabbage (can be grown from a seed or purchased from several different NPCs)
    Carrot (can be grown from a seed or purcahsed from several different NPCs)
    Squash (can be found as loot or purchased from several different NPCs)
    Lettuce (can be grown from a seed or purchased from several different NPCs)
    Onion (can be grown from a seed or purcahsed from several different NPCs)
    Corn (can be harvested from special farmlands in the shard or purchased from several different NPCs)
    Turnip - (can only be harvested from special farmlands in the shard (these spawners are not in yet I will get them in this weekend)

Meats
    Chicken Legs (can be carved from chickens (raw) or purchased from several different NPCs both as raw or cooked)
    Ribs (can be carved from almost all animals (raw) or purchased from several different NPCs both as raw or cooked)
    Leg of Lamb (can be carved from Sheep (raw) or purcahsed from several different NPCs both as raw or cooked)
    Whole Bird (can be carved from certain foul based mobs (raw) or purchased from several different NPCs both as raw or cooked)
    Bacon (can be purchased from several different NPCs)
    Sausage (can be purchased from several different NPCs can also be created using Create Food Spell)
    Ham (can be purcahsed from several different NPCs both raw and cooked, can also be created using Create Food Spell and possibly carved from Pig based mobs)

Misc Food Items
    Milk (can be gotten by milking a cow or from several different NPCs)
    Honey (can be gotten by tending Bee Hives or from several different NPCs)
    Wheel of Cheese (currently can only be purchased from several different NPCs (I am hoping to add this to the cooking list as a craftable item soon))
    Eggs (can be harvested from chickens that are tamed, found as loot, or from several different NPCs)
    Flour (can be gotten by harvesting special farm lands and ground in a mill or purchased from several different NPCs)

This list may be incomplete, these are off the top of my head so if anyone knows of food resources that are not precooked, or already craftable that I left off this list please let me know so that I can correct/update the list.

In addition to the items that are player suggested I am going to attempt to create more of the special or "enchanted" food items such as the enchanted apple and the grapes of wrath. These new enchanted items will give TEMPORARY skill bonuses. Again I am doing this so that players will take more interest in using the cooking skill.

I also I wanted to let everyone know that Farmable Corn, Wheat, and Turnip spawners can be purchased from staff. These spawners will create one item per spawn and will have a 30 minute timer. These spawners will cost 1K each. For the time being if you wish to purchase one of these spawners please send me a PM until I can make sample spawners for the rest of staff to duplicate for such pages.

Love Ya,
    Morggy

Destiny
    Destiny

How about we expand the cooking menu Empty cooking

Post  Destiny Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 pm

I love cooking been making pies and such as well as magical fruit.. Would love to see donuts as well as a variety of different items to create maybe cheesecake and be able to make stew instead buying it at taverns

How about we expand the cooking menu Empty Re: How about we expand the cooking menu

Post  Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:18 pm

come on guys I know there are more of you out there that would enjoy helping us expand a craft and make it more interesting!! Destiny can't be the only one that wants to be part of this!

Love Ya,
    Morggy

Sponsored content

How about we expand the cooking menu Empty Re: How about we expand the cooking menu

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:49 pm