Knights of The Round Table

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ultima online shard.

do not argue with staff EVER

do not argue with staff EVER Empty do not argue with staff EVER

Post  Guest Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Okay I am going to vent for a few minutes so everyone just bear with me please and hear me out.

As staff we do not ask alot of the players.  We do not demand that everyone bow down to us and treat us as GODS.  We do not expect players to say yes maam yes sir no maam no sir etc etc.  We do ask that players read all the rules that are stated on the forums and that they follow those rules to the best of their abilities.  We are all family and we try to keep things that way.  We like to joke around with you guys and we love it when ya'll joke back with us.  

Now with that said let me say this.  If staff tells you to do something please do it.  Do not blatantly ignore or out right argue with staff about something when you are asked or told to do something.  

HeroicJon had his account banned Friday night for continually arguing with staff and ignoring the rules.

He had been pushing my buttons since he came back after allowing his account to become inactive for the third time.  But Thursday he pushed me a little to far.  He had been told NOT to leave his mercs training in the training area unattended.  He argued that he had done this everytime he lost his account and had to come back and start over and why were we making such a big deal about it now.  Just because you are doing what "you have always done" does NOT make it right or make it within the rules.  I told him that if he wanted to train his pets afk he would need to purchase a training elemental and have staff place it for him in his house, yard or basement.  Luna even offered to let him use her trainers.  He continued to argue with me for nearly five minutes before he finally asked how much a training elemental cost.  

Friday evening was the straw that broke the camels back, when I found that he had left his merc at one of the Arch Angels beating on it out in the wild while he went to Luna bank for more than 15 minutes and talked to another player.  When I told him to go retrieve his pet he decided to argue with me saying "I have never had a pet go wild on me and I never will, I always keep an eye on my pets".  Well I am sorry but how can you keep an eye on a pet that is on a totally different facet than you are?  He continued to argue with me trying to say he did not know that Luna was not in Trammel and saying basically that I was over reacting.  He finally returned to his merc and continued to be smart mouthed in open chat.  I then told him to go read the rules about pets in the pet section of the forums, and he said "I will after I am done killing this arch angel" I said "no the monster is not going anywhere, shrink your pet go read the forums and come back to the monster and kill it afterwards".  He finally got the message and went to read the forums but by then it was to late the damage was done.

I called Gwen and read to her word for word what was said between HeroicJon and myself.  There were two other staff members on at the time that all of this took place and one of them even told him "DO NOT SPEAK TO STAFF IN THAT TONE OF VOICE".  

I have never been one who is big on demanding respect, but I will not ignore blatant disrespect of our staff members or players.  If you want respect you must give it.  Ignoring the rules, being disruptive to the shard, arguing with staff, assuming that since you are or were a vet you are above the rules, these actions will not be tolerated.  If this seems harsh I am sorry but this game and this shard should be as much fun for the staffmembers as it is for the players.

Lady Morganna

Last edited by Morganna on Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Gwenavier
    Gwenavier

do not argue with staff EVER Empty RE: My Rant Sorry guys

Post  Gwenavier Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:03 pm

With all that said, I am the one that banned jon. I will not allow any player no matter how long they have played here to disrespect anyone. And they will not argue with staff at anytime. We have an awesome bunch of players and it a nice place to play. I mean to keep it that way.

Gwen

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:36 am